Getting to Santa Clara University
The closest airport is San Jose International airport, only 5 minutes away. San Francisco International airport is also reasonably close by, about 45 minutes away. For directions, go to the Santa Clara University interactive map and click on directions/parking. For more information on Santa Clara University, see: Santa Clara University information.
Getting to Stanford University
Getting from Santa Clara University to the Huang Engineering Center at Stanford
- Walk to the Santa Clara Transit Station, just across the street from the main entrance to Santa Clara University.
- Purchase a 2-Zone Day Pass at the ticket vending machine (you will need to purchase a new ticket every day). The cost is $10.50.
- Take the Caltrain north to the Palo Alto station. You should take the 8:02am train (train 227). If you miss this train, there is not another one (that stops at Palo Alto) until 8:45 which means you will be late: don’t miss the train!
- You should arrive at Palo Alto around 8:36am. From there, you should follow this map:
- a. get on the Marguerite shuttle, line X (note: there are regular shuttles at 8:30, 8:38, 8:50, and 8:53, but be sure not to get on an X express shuttle);
- b. get off at the Via Ortega stop, across from Y2E2 (it takes roughly 10 minutes to get to the Via Ortega stop);
- c. walk past Y2E2 to Huang Engineering Center.
Getting from the Huang Engineering center at Stanford to Santa Clara University
Basically, just follow the above directions in reverse:
- Take the Marguerite shuttle, line X (get on at the same stop where you got off in the morning, across from Y2E2) at 4:34pm or 4:54pm. It takes roughly 25 minutes to get to the Caltrain station.
- Take the Caltrain to Santa Clara. Your day pass from the morning will still be valid. The easiest way is to catch train 268 at 5:40pm, arriving at Santa Clara at 6:10pm (Note: you will want to hurry from there to dinner as dinner closes at 6:30pm).
- It is possible to get to Santa Clara by taking an earlier train, but it requires transfers – consult the schedules below for details.